The Southern Highlands are known for their stunning amenities and upscale living. The 42,000 square foot clubhouse includes a library wine room that’s perfect if you want to sip on your favorite vintage while reading some of the latest novels by international authors or discussing current events with friends. If dining is more your thing then head over to one of our top notch restaurants where you can enjoy delicious dishes created from all-natural ingredients like fresh produce grown in gardens around the property. You’ll never go hungry at this community!
Explore The Southern Highlands And Enjoy All It Has To Offer
The Southern Highlands is an area of outstanding natural beauty, containing many extensive native forests and mountains as well as the magnificent Scenic Rim. An adventure holiday in this region provides breathtaking scenery and abundant bushwalking opportunities.
Some of the more popular sights include:
- Kondalilla National Park – Explore this rugged parkland on your own or with an experienced guide through rainforests, sugar-white sandstone cliffs, and waterfalls. Birds flitter through the canopy above whilst wallabies bound between trees in wildflowers carpeting the forest floor. Explore Crystal Creek Falls where you can swim alongside unusual cathedral-like caves carved from the rock by ancient erosion and plunge into refreshing pools to escape Australia’s intense summer heat.
- Lake Tinaroo – Explore the massive Crater Lake and spot platypus in their burrows. Explore its three islands by kayak or simply relax on one of the many secluded beaches littered with smooth boulders to sunbathe upon.
- Scenic Rim – This magnificent 130km drive offers pullouts and lookout points along its entirety. Explore the World Heritage-listed Wet Tropics Rainforest from above at Mount Barney National Park, where you can set off on enjoyable treks through a thick jungle of towering trees, palms, ferns, and mosses. Visit the beautiful town of Beechmont which boasts fantastic cafes and restaurants as well as live music venues while Bamaga has a unique history that is steeped in a traditional culture that has survived in this area for thousands of years.
- Sunshine Coast – Explore the celebrated seaside town of Noosa with its many art galleries, restaurants and cafes or enjoy a seafood feast while watching the spectacular sunsets with views of The Glasshouse Mountains or just hang out on one of Noosa’s pristine beaches.
Visit The Mountains, Valleys, Rivers, Lakes And National Parks
The Southern Highlands region is home to some of the most scenic destinations in Papua New Guinea. Visit the mountains, valleys, rivers and lakes as well as National Parks and Reserves on tours that operate out of Mt Hagen or Goroka.
Southern Highlands has a vast range of locations within its boundaries from ocean-side by sandy beaches to rugged highlands with snow-covered mountains ranges. Visit all these locations through various tours operating from either Mount Hagen or Goroka in North-Western Province.
Accessible only via air services, Southern Highlands is made up of six provinces: Simbu, Eastern Highlands, Enga, Gulf Province, Northern and Western Provinces. Home to an estimated population size of around 623 000 people according to the 2015 Census, it is a magnificent destination for bird watchers, hikers, and those who love the great outdoors. Bringing you closer to nature simply and conveniently is what we are here for! We have listed down some of the best tours available. What are you waiting for? Book now before seats run out!
Enjoy A Picnic In One Of The Many Scenic Areas
Enjoy a picnic in one of the many scenic areas in the Southern Highlands. Picnicking is popular during weekends and public holidays, with many people choosing to pack their own food while others prefer pre-prepared food from local vendors or restaurants. Enjoying a picnic under a tree is not just an ordinary experience, but it also gives you time to unwind and take pleasure in beautiful surroundings without having to spend too much money.
Find out more about where you can go picnicking by using our interactive map below:
- Mount Pleasant Woolshed | Mount Pleasant Road, the Channon
This historic shearing shed is also regarded as the birthplace of rugby league. Today, visitors are invited to view this unique heritage site that’s also a 34-bed campground. Enjoy barbecues and picnics in the open area outside, or stroll through nearby properties such as Fernleigh, which was once home to Alexander Campbell Jamieson – renowned grazier and horse breeder from 1867 to 1908.
- Dangars Falls Reserve | Wollogorang Road, Yowie Bay
This beautiful picnic spot is located approximately 3 km south of Yowie Bay. Enjoy a nice picnic while taking in the views of the creek below and water cascading down over the cliff face into deep pools below. The site has tables with barbeques scattered throughout. A large grassy area can be found near the main car park, with a beautiful creek nearby. Enjoy the tranquility by listening to the continuous waterfalls below.
- Tabloids Reserve | Ewingsdale Road, The Channon
This magnificent picnic spot is located in the heart of nature on one of the highest points in The Channon area, with panoramic views of pristine farms and surrounding mountains. Enjoy a peaceful walk through scenic bushland or feed kangaroos from your table while you enjoy a picnic at this unique location. This reserve covers an area of approximately 24 hectares so there’s plenty of room for everyone to find their own private space away from other picnickers if they wish.
Have A Great Time Exploring!
Have a great time exploring Southern Highlands!
Southern Highlands is part of the Greater Sydney region. This area has so much to offer, lending itself to an ideal weekend breakaway for Sydneysiders or even visitors from other areas. Have a look at our suggestions on how you can enjoy your stay in this beautiful and serene environment.
Learning the art of relaxation in Seclusion Have a great time exploring Southern Highlands! The Garden Palace was built as a private retreat for Henry Parkes, who was one of the leading lights of Federation and known far and wide as “The Great Conciliator.” Today it’s open to all who want an escape from city life, especially if they’re able to book its newly renovated suites. Have a look at our Have a great time exploring Southern Highlands!
Have you ever experienced Have a great time exploring Southern Highlands!? We would love to hear how it was, so please share your experiences with us and other users. Have a great time exploring Southern Highlands ranks highly on our list of the best things to do in Sydney. It has been selected by many of our editors as one of the most beautiful places in Australia .
Southern Highlands is a new, luxurious residential community that will be located in the heart of North Carolina. The development team has an excellent track record with other projects and they have been able to provide their own financing for this project. They are currently looking for people who want to make investments or purchase property as well as individuals interested in leasing properties at Southern Highlands when it becomes available. For more information on how you can get involved contact I Love Las Vegas Realty.
We Also Serve These NV Cities and Communities for Property Management
Our Onsite Property Management Services near Spring Valley, Nevada